3 Netflix Series that will Transform Your Relationship

No doubt, Netflix has impacted us greatly in our daily lives. We have the freedom, by this amazing instrument, to watch whatever niche show interests us, whenever we want, and in whatever quantity when a whole season is released.


The greatest part is the versatility it adds to our social life. We can choose an adventure on our own, watch a series with some friends, have a date night, or hunker down on a Sunday with your bae for a few hours with some dark chocolate and a (few) glass(es) of wine.

I swear I was looking for a cute picture of a couple enjoying wine in a cozy living room, and found this masterpiece. Coincidence? I think not.


Even sans wine, each Netflix series journey changes us as people, in whatever small or big way intended by the creator, which certainly change us as couples as well. The shows are thought provoking, opening a window into discussing topics not thought of before, or building memories from jokes you make on the side.

1. Black Mirror
A dark, twisted, Twilight Zone-like show, on possible ways technology and people’s reactions could impact our futures. Technology, for the most part, is good tool, that adds productivity and quick and connected communication to our lives. You learn what is terribly horrifying, and what would be pretty cool in the eyes of the person you are watching this show with very quickly.


Black Mirror also delves into out it could affect our social, and even dating lives. The episode “Hang the DJ” gives opportunity for the other to tell you how they feel about dating in that possible crazy world, and I found this pop up in my text messages not too shortly after.
Of course, I promptly asked what .2% wasn’t matching. And now he knows the perfectionist in me.

2. Stranger Things
JB watched season one before I did of this 80s throwback thriller netflix series, and was very, very excited to share it with me when season two came out. The Upside Down never let him down when it came onto screen, as I always giddly referred to it as “the dandruff!”. And now he knows I’ll never be afraid to make fun of things, even if they are his favorite things. Sorry, not sorry!
You just go ahead and tell me that this doesn’t look like falling dandruff. I’m so right.

3. World’s Most Extraordinary Homes
Real estate shows are in general, just fascinating. This one pulls me in for the fact that it centers on the practicality, beauty of the structure, and smart building in architecture. JB and I now have a new affinity for how brilliant and taxing being an architect can be, how our dream jobs involve flying around the globe to showcase gorgeous homes, and that New Zealand has absolutely the most gorgeous landscapes and appreciation for architecture.
Just. Look. At. This. Home.
Take. Me. There. Now!


Indubitably, JB and I are always scavenging for some good new Netflix series to be obsessed with, so tell us if there is any other life altering series we need to be watching and blogging about.
-JB & D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 LDR & Cost Friendly Ideas for Common Date Nights

3 Reasons to Fall in Love Long Distance